Sunday, September 15, 2019

Grandchildren make life grand!

I love having my children and grandchildren around. I love when my grandchildren jump out of the car and shout "MaMa Berry!" as they run toward me; the hugs and kisses are priceless. The younger three still like to sit on my lap and cuddle. The older two like to sit close and snuggle.

The older three like to play board games. The younger two are more interested in knocking the game pieces off the boards! All the children like for me to read to them. The youngest, my only granddaughter, likes to sing. All the children like to dance. Life is lively when my grandchildren visit.

I enjoy watching my grandchildren run around the farm and ride their bikes and motorized tractors. We built a swing set for them and a small "ninja" course. The barn loft is their fort. I usually stay outside with them, but I can sit in our sun room and watch their play. I bought a set of walkie-talkies so we can communicate, and our two dogs stay close to them.

My children are raising their children with the values their father and I raised them, and that makes my heart sing!

The month of August flew by. I was busy writing and playing with the children.

I hosted 2019 Camp MaMa Berry, which included riding the horses. Earlier in the month we attended the Cape Charles Crab Festival and watched my husband's boating club race their skiffs. My oldest grandson enjoyed a few laps around the course after the races were over. He was all smiles.

The day before we had explored the NASA Wallops Visitor Center and Chincoteague. The boys launched water bottle rockets at NASA Wallops, then we hopped over to Chincoteague. We were thrilled to see the ponies. We need to go back. Virginia's Eastern Shore has so much to see and do.

Another highlight of August was attending the Hot Air Balloon Festival at the Flying Circus in Bealeton. Unfortunately, the fog didn't burn off early enough for the balloons to launch, but we had a good time listening to the whoosh of the fire as the balloons inflated. The Flying Circus--a good old-fashioned barnstorming air show--is a must see.

We packed a lot into this summer. We had fun and made lots of memories.

School is in session. Adventures have taken a back seat, but we still are having fun and making memories!

3 comments:

  1. What a great post! Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab post . Thank you. I love the idea of children raising their own children with the same values as their own parents. I see that sometimes in mine and I just stand back in amazement and love.

    gramswiswords.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Grandchildren make life grand!

I love having my children and grandchildren around. I love when my grandchildren jump out of the car and shout "MaMa Berry!" as th...