Saturday, June 8, 2019

Put a little Love in your life!

Fifty years ago the Virginia Tourism Corporation created one of the most catchy slogans: Virginia is for Lovers. I always thought the slogan promoted Virginia as a great honeymoon destination. It may have. Today the slogan promotes the love of all adventuresome souls...those who love music, mountains, beaches, and anything the commonwealth offers.

For the last couple of years, VTC has been encouraging businesses and locales to create LOVEworks sculptures. These sculptures capture the essence of the location within the four letters: L O V E. I have seen pictures of many and several in person.

For the slogan's 50th anniversary, the VTC is encouraging LOVEworks sculptures as destinations.  What an awesome concept! Capture family photos at each sculpture and your family sees the beauty of the commonwealth as your make memories.

I embarked on such an adventure with my Littles. So far, we have visited two. As I take the photos, I will add them to my Pinterest account: Pinterest.com/adventureswithmamaberry!


The LOVEworks sign above is located in the VIBE district 
of  Virginia Beach at the Oceanfront library, 700 Virginia 
Beach Boulevard. The LOVEworks sign below is in front 
of the Bunny Hutch at 1165 Jensen Drive, off
 Birdneck Road, south of Virginia Beach Boulevard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grandchildren make life grand!

I love having my children and grandchildren around. I love when my grandchildren jump out of the car and shout "MaMa Berry!" as th...