Friday, May 24, 2019

Happy 6th Birthday!

Grandson #2 turned six years old Tuesday. I no longer can say my grandchildren are 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6. They now are 2, 3, 4, 6, and 6...at least for another two weeks when the oldest will turn 7! The four boys were born in four successive years between May and July...one big celebration! So much fun!!! The youngest, a girl, has a winter birthday.

As a treat, I took Grandson #2 to Shakalod Chocolate Factory in Virginia Beach. He assembled a house from chocolate---even the "glue" was chocolate! He had such a good time.

The store gives tours and provides opportunities for guests to assemble chocolate projects. My grandson selected a project from six available choices. The fun began with covering a marshmallow in chocolate.


While the marshmallow cooled in the refrigerator, the owner helped my grandson assemble the house pieces. She was impressed with his eye-hand coordination; my grandson promptly announced he might want to make chocolate when he grows up.

The chocolate factory was a great place to take him. I had considered taking the entire brood, but decided against it. I really enjoyed the special one-on-one time. He did, too!

If you decide to visit the store, tell the owner MaMa Berry sent you!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Grandchildren make life grand!

I love having my children and grandchildren around. I love when my grandchildren jump out of the car and shout "MaMa Berry!" as th...